Boarding as an overseas pupil

As a Boarding Prep School we are very experienced in preparing children for a wide range of senior schools in the UK and also giving children a year’s boarding experience to improve their English.

We prefer pupils to join us for a minimum of one year and aim only to have one or two students from any one nationality, in order to maximise their exposure to English.


Extra English lessons on a one to one basis are available but if students are able, simply being in school, immersed in English, is usually enough.

Small Family Feel

We are small boarding school which greatly values the family approach and a variety of activities are laid on each weekend to suit those children staying in School. These may include:

  • Visit to a theme park
  • Shopping
  • Swimming
  • Craft activities
  • Cinema
  • Cycling along a forest trail
  • Outdoor pursuits
  • Staying in School to relax, unwind and sue the outstanding facilities.

With permission, our overseas pupils are often invited to stay with our English families and strong and lasting friendships often develop over the year.

Escorted  transfers

Transport to and from airports can easily be arranged. The closest is Southampton but we have easy access to Gatwick or Heathrow. Pupils can also be escorted to London Waterloo and other main line stations for weekend visits.

Visas and guardians

All overseas pupils from outside the European Union have to gain a “Tier 4, permission to Study” and parents’ must provide us with a Guardian in the UK. West Hill Park has highly trusted status for Tier 4 sponsorship but we are not able to make personal recommendations regarding guardians.

Please do contact Mrs Abigail Suttie in our Admissions Office for further details

Featured Content

For non European Union Pupils we require the following to make a CAS (Tier 4 permission to study) application.

Family Name                          
Given name 
Other names 
Date of birth 
Place of birth  
Country of birth  
Course title We aim for Common Entrance at 13+
or specific school Entrance exams 
Boarding or Day We assume Boarding 
Guardian in the UK Name and address with contact details. We cannot advise on Guardians but would recommend Aegis as an organisation who are able to advise you on guardians in this country.

We will also need:

  • A scanned copy of the pupil's photo page on their passport 
  • Documentation to prove parents ability to pay the fees. This is most easily done by paying a years fees in advance.